Female hand holding a wooden block with a sad face printed on it.

What is defined as a complaint?

A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction, however made, about the standard of service, actions or lack of action by us, our team, or those acting on our behalf, that affects an individual tenant or group of tenants. 

A service request, for example reporting anti-social behaviour, will not be considered a formal complaint. However, if you are not satisfied with how we have handled an ongoing anti-social behaviour case or believe our services have failed, this would be classed as a formal complaint.

There are some instances when we would not investigate a complaint. These are explained in our Compliments, Comments and Complaints Policy.

How to make a complaint

We want to provide a great customer experience, but we know that sometimes things go wrong. If you need to raise an issue with us or make a complaint, please get in touch with our team.

You can raise a complaint with us at any time by email, in writing, over the phone, in person, on our official social media channels or by completing the form at the bottom of this page.

When you make a complaint, we will work with you to put things right. If we can, we will try to resolve your complaint through our early resolution process. If this is not possible, your complaint will be handled in line with our complaints process.

We have a two stage complaints process, which is aligned to the Housing Ombudsman’s best practice. You can find out more about how your complaint will be handled in our Compliments and Complaints Leaflet.

Make a complaint

You can raise a complaint with us at any time by: email, in writing, over the phone, in person, on our official social media channels or by completing the form below.


Telephone: 0800 316 0897

Postal address: Complaints Team, Two Rivers Housing, Rivers Meet, Cleeve Mill Lane, Newent, Gloucestershire, GL18 1DS

Complaints contact form:

    * required

    The Housing Ombudsman Service

    The Housing Ombudsman Service is an independent organisation that investigates complaints and resolves disputes between tenants, leaseholders and social landlords like Two Rivers Housing.

    This is a free service for tenants – you do not need to pay to raise a complaint with the Housing Ombudsman.

    You can contact the Housing Ombudsman at any time and raise your complaint with them. This can be done by contacting them on the details below:

    The Housing Ombudsman
    PO Box 1484
    Unit D
    PR2 0ET

    Phone: 0300 111 3000 (Mon-Fri from 9:00am to 5:00pm)
    (Please note that telephone lines will be closed for staff training every Thursday from 3:30pm-5:00pm)


    Fax: 020 7831 1942

    The Housing Ombudsman Complaints Handling Code

    The Housing Ombudsman Complaints Handling Code (the Code) sets out the requirements that the Ombudsman expects social landlords to meet in order to deal with complaints effectively and fairly. It aims to help landlords resolve tenant complaints quickly and use the data and learning to make service improvements.

    From April 2024, the Code is a legal requirement. This means that all social landlords must follow the requirements. You can read the Ombudsman Complaints Handing Code on its website.

    Self-assessment against the Housing Ombudsman Complaints Handling Code

    To ensure that we and other landlords are meeting the requirements, we must complete a self-assessment against the Code every year. This asks us to provide evidence on how we meet the requirements and an action plan where we do not meet the requirements.

    The self-assessment has eight sections. Each section has a list of requirements that landlords must comply with as well as some additional best practice requirements.

    You can read our latest self-assessment against the code here: Housing Ombudsman Code Self-Assessment March 2024